Canadian Artist Lisa Free
Lisa Free first explored her interests in the arts professionally during a 15 year career in theatrical costume and subsequently as a commercial textile artist. A decade ago, she returned to her family roots in the 1000 Islands, taking the opportunity to explore local subjects in her oil paintings.
Lisa's work is enjoyed by an international client base across Canada, the United States and Europe.
The Artist's Statement
Lisa Free's recent work focuses on landscapes that balance on the boundary between realism and the abstract. Free is fascinated by the endless natural variations of composition that occur in the diverse scenery she see in her travels. She views each painting as a new lesson in observing , editing and using instinctive colour choices in hopes to portray the essence of a landscape to a simple yet thought provoking form.
For the past 6 years Lisa has participated in a variety of well established art shows in Canada and is represented by respected galleries in the industry .
Juried Exhibitions and Shows
- The Toronto Artist Project 2013
- Featured Artist - Kingston Glass Studio Gallery 2012
- The Toronto Artist Project 2012
- Ottawa Art Expo 2011
- Kingston Glass Studio Gallery 2011
- Three Horse Art Studio Show 2010
- Rideau Valley Art Festival 2009
- Marianne van Silfhout Gallery 2009
- Art In The City Tour 2009
- Marianne van Silfhout Gallery 2008